The Nordic NMVOs have jointly published recommendations on how pharmaceutical companies, wholesalers and pharmacies best handle a recall or withdrawal through the EMVS to further add efficiency, quality and value to the supply chain as well as strengthen patient safety.
The European Medicines Verification System safeguards the supply chain and patients from falsified medicines. When the systems functionality is handled correctly the EMVS also adds security and quality to the supply chain by preventing withdrawn or recalled packs from reaching patients without causing unnecessary disruptions in the distribution.
The Nordic NMVOs govern the national medicines verifications systems in the Nordic countries:
- e-VIS – e-Verifikation in Sverige
- FiMVO – Finnish Medicines Verification Organisation
- ICEMVO – Icelandic Medicines Verification Organisation
- Nomvec – Norwegian Medicines Verification Company
- DMVO – Danish Medicines Verification Organisation
If you need additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding Icelandic procedures.